Re: Latest patched development version

A long time ago, in a year far far away, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
} Bruce Stephens wrote:
} > Bruce Stephens <b.stephens@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
} >
} > > Completion seems to have vanished, but I just tried with zsh -f, and
} > > it works again, so that's presumably just something that's changed
} > > in the compctl syntax that's not being reported as an error.
} >
} > I've found it.  It was this example completion:
} >
} > compctl -Tx 's[/home/] C[0,^/home/*/*]'  -S '/' \
} >     -s '$(niscat auto_home.org_dir | \
} > 	awk '\''/export\/[a-zA-Z]*$/ {print $NF}'\'' FS=/)'
}
} Peter's version contains my patch for completion continuing. With this
} we almost ever need a `-tc' in the `-T' completion.
}
} (I said that trouble would come of that...)

Is there any reason that -tc simply can't be implicit?  That is, why not
always continue with the next suitable completion, leaving -t+ -t- and -tx
to change what "next suitable" means?  And then perhaps throw in something
like -tn to mean "no, DON'T continue."

Seems to me it's more often the case that you want to go on trying other
possible completions rather than giving up.  The default should be what
the most common case is.