Re: Completion list is not cleared

Andrej Borsenkow wrote:

> I think, this changed first in 3.1.x; I don't have 3.0.x to test it.
>
> the list of choices is not cleared after completion is done. Consider
>
> zsh -f
> itsrm2% pg M<TAB>
> Makefile     MkKernOpts*  Mksrc*
> <TAB>

(automenu?)

> itsrm2% pg Makefile
> Makefile     MkKernOpts*  Mksrc*
>
> If I now enter SPACE, I get
>
> itsrm2% pg Makefile <= cursor here
> Makefile     MkKernOpts*  Mksrc*

Is the cursor directly after the Makefile or after a space? I have it
after a space, which is certainly the right thing.

> I definitely remember being surprised seeing it for the first time. Is it
> intentional? It is not a big deal I admit, but what is the reason?

If you have selfinsert bound to space the behaviour should be the one
zsh always had (I think, I don't exactly remember 3.0.5 and I don't
have it anymore, but a 2.6-beta12 I just found behaves the same).
If you have space bound to magic-space I can understand that you would
like the list to disappear, but at least that 2.6 didn't remove it,
too (although zsh might have behaved differently in 3.0.x).

So, can anyone test how 3.0.5 did this? Should we change it? Did the
behavior change? If yes, was the old way better?

Bye
 Sven