Two questions

Hi, a quick two questions (new job, no access to sources atm)

A few weeks ago I queried (on zsh-users) how to do redirection from a
variable file descriptor.  The answer was quite complex, and boiled down
to the fact that the parser gets in the way.

Bog-standard Bourne shell handles it smoothly.  If we're aiming for
compatibility, fixing this might be good.  How feasible is it?

Eg,
% cat foo
#!/path/to/zsh -f
print >$1 '=== Foo! ==='
% ./foo 5 5>Funky

This is a little contrived, but effectively what:
 (a) I needed at the time
 (b) What someone else on another list needed - being able to redirect
     to and from arbitrary fds.

Second question:

Recently zsh has changed a number of things to be more compatible with
ksh.  And some things, such as the associative arrray stuff, has
followed what seem to be dubious criteria in order to be compatible.
Given that there's pdksh for that, just how important is it for zsh to
parallel ksh?  And how important to do so natively, as opposed to an
option adding behaviour or whatever?

TIA
--
--> Phil Pennock ; GAT d- s+:+ a23 C++(++++) UL++++/I+++/S+++/B++/H+$ P++@$