Re: List archive not tracking new home site?

Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> typed:
:On Jan 27,  6:55am, Geoff Wing wrote:
:} Subject: Re: List archive not tracking new home site?
:} Comments?
:Since I presume you're looking at ezmlm documentation or some such ...
:
:The problem appears to be that when list A forwards to list B, the X-Seq:
:header from A is replaced by the one from B.  Yes?  So people only on
:zsh-users see a different X-Seq: from those on zsh-workers?
:
:Would it be possible to simply configure qmail/ezmlm to move the old X-Seq:
:header to some other name (possibly derived from the existing Mailing-List:
:header) before adding the new X-Seq: and Mailing-List: ?

No, because with the easiest way to set it up, for messages sent to
announce/users the delivery for people on workers never goes through the
announce/users ezmlm process (and thus get gets announce/users X-Seq:
headers). A message to users would get delivered straight to the users
and workers lists as though they were separate messages, not to the users
list which would then send to the workers list.

:I don't particularly care whether zsh-users messages are duplicated in the
:zsh-workers archive (whether the HTTP one or the listserver one); in fact
:that'd make it easier to find things.  I *do* object to losing the -users
:sequence number entirely when the message is forwarded.

Which you can't get, because you're on workers.  To get all message numbers
you would have to subscribe invidually to all three lists.
--
Geoff Wing   <gcw@xxxxxxxxx>            Mobile : (Australia) 0412 162 441
Work URL: http://www.primenet.com.au/   Ego URL: http://pobox.com/~gcw/