Re: Btw.: glob-qualifier

On Jan 28,  8:54am, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
} Subject: Re: Btw.: glob-qualifier
}
} Bart Schaefer wrote:
}
} > While I'm on the subject, why do we still have to use *numeric* group
} > and user IDs for the u and g qualifiers?
}
}   echo *(u:user:g:group:)
}
} Exists since 2.4.

Oh, good grief.  I probably even knew that, once.

} Btw. You seem to prefer the syntax with *(u(user)).

I don't prefer it, I was just scribbling an example.

} In 3.1.5 this is not taken as a list of qualifiers

Parens don't work in 3.0.5 either, ever since the (x|y) grouping syntax
got introduced.  (Now that I've actually read more than the first line
of the info entry for the `uID' glob qualifier, I see that it still
mentions parens even though they won't work.)