Debug - HowTo ?

Hi,

since some of you do it every day, please give me some hints.

I would like to debug zsh with the multiline input problem.

So I need a way to run zsh under a debugger such that the input to zsh
does not get confused with the input to the debugger.
Furthermore zsh must think it gets its input from a true xterm not from a
standard input via the debugger.

Sorry, I can't use remote debugging. But is there a way to run zsh
under the debugger in its own xterm window?

Thanks,
Helmut.