Re: completion features

Sven Wischnowsky writes:

 > One more question: we could make this user-configurable. E.g.
 > `compconfig[...]=-1' would mean that `line_len - 1' errors would be
 > accepted and so on. Should we...? Any suggestions for the `...'? ;-)

Pardon me if I've missed something, but you aren't really suggesting
that the number of errors be based on the entire length of the input
line, are you?  The length of the current _word_, surely?  For file
names, it should probably only be the length of the path segment that
actually contains the cursor.

And why set it to a negative number?  What would a positive number mean?

I don't yet have any good suggestions for the field name.