RE: PATCH: _list completer

 And while I'm at it: how about a parameter giving the
> contents of the whole buffer, e.g. as an array containing the lines?
> (Both of these readonly, I think, at least for now.) Obviously the
> best name for this would be `buffer', if only `BUFFER' weren't taken
> (and this is a misnomer, anyway, considering the names of the builtin
> zle widgets -- and an ugly one, I think).

But completion widget is a ZLE widget in the first place? And every
user-defined ZLE widget has some special parameters automatically setup -
and that includes BUFFER that does exactly what you need. See ZLE manuals.
(And we could HISTNO to these, 'course).

Do you call completion widgets in special way? Is it possible to unify
both - "normal" ZLE user-defined widgets and completion ones?

cheers

/andrej