Re: compstate[old_list]

Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
> Peter Stephenson wrote:
>
> > But when I start a non-contextual completion, and the list is displayed by
> > autolist, and I then type ^D, this doesn't work --- it seems
> > $compstate[old_list] is not set.  Is this just me?
>
> This was caused in zle_main.c, which I obviously forgot to change.

I didn't notice to begin with, but this seems to have the opposite effect.
If I do a non-contextual completion, every completion-based command
following it always acts as if it were using the old list, and
_main_complete never gets called at all (I checked that the widget I first
used wasn't being called again, either).  This even happens to the extent
that calling a different ad-hoc completion when menucompletion is active
still simply cycles through the existing list.  The default should
presumably be to call the appropriate widget and allow the shell code to
decide whether to re-use the old list (though it's quite convenient that
TAB will now cycle through the ad-hoc completion list, which might be
harder to do in the shell code where it belongs).

WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/