Re: Startup files

On Apr 16,  9:51am, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: Startup files
}
} It's probably not too late to alter GLOBAL_RCS_FIRST into something else

Agreed.  (In fact, sort of by definition there's nothing new in 3.1.x
that we can't alter, but in practice I suppose anything pre-3.1.4 is
pretty much locked in.)

} What would be the preferred strategy?  Test NO_RCS before every script
} apart from /etc/zshenv, and skip them if it's set?  Does this meet
} everybody's requirements?

Semantically, that would do it for me.  However, I wonder if it's going
to cause any problems ... I don't imagine anyone sets NO_RCS just to
turn off the logout files, but it's possible.

Maybe the right thing is a new flag that could be set in ~/.zshenv to
disable only the (remaining) global files.  The sysadmin still gets
his shot in /etc/zshenv, and thereafter it's simple for the user to
get back control and keep it.