Re: Patch available for 3.0.6-pre-0

On Apr 23, 12:07am, Tatsuo Furukawa wrote:
} Subject: Re: Patch available for 3.0.6-pre-0
}
} I think that most of users is NOT affected by this patch.  Because
} NORMAL terminal has RI= entry.  If the terminal has RI= entry, zsh
} will use it.  If it doesn't, zsh will use another method (TAB will be
} used).  So, maybe, I think you will not affect any more.
}
} But, I am begining to think that it is not interesting to apply
} degrade patch.  So, I wrote a new patch. :-)
}
} I added the code that zsh supports 'ch=' entry.
} And I found that zle_refresh.c has two similar function.
} (tc_rightcurs() and singmoveto()).  I modified tc_rightcurs().

I'd like at least Geoff's opinion before I commit to doing anything with
this patch.  In particular, emitting the ch capability may require up to
six or seven bytes, where a relative horizontal or vertical move might
require fewer (depending on distance).  I'm not sure just how optimized
this code is supposed to be.  Also, the "if (pos <= vcs / 2)" test may be
optimizing for an absolute move by tc_rightcurs(), and may not be as good
any longer if tc_rightcurs() makes a relative motion.  Geoff's the expert
on what's supposed to be happening in here.