zsh hangs (3.0.6-pre-2, 3.1.5-pws-16)

Hello, zsh developers.  I really appreciate including "absolute cursor
move" patch.

But, I found another problem.

(Maybe) as you know, zsh-3.0.X is not set COLUMNS and LINE envionment
variable.  (But zsh-3.1.X does).  I am using zsh-3.0.X, and I want to
set them, so, I write "eval $(resize)" code in TRAPWINCH() function.
This is based on "archive/latest/4447" message.

This works almost well.  But sometime zsh hangs.  At last, I found the
positive proof.  Here is:

1. Write following in .zshrc

RPROMPT="(%l)"

function TRAPWINCH() {
        eval $(resize)
        echo;
        echo "resized";
        echo
}

2. Start new terminal

    $ xterm &

3. Rlogin into localhost

    $ rlogin localhost

4. Change terminal size using mouse.

    Then "resized" message is displayed, and RPROMPT is displayed into
    'right' place.  (But why is "resized" message displayed twice?)

5. Exit.

    $ exit

    Then, you will return to origial shell.

6. Execute following command.

    $  eval `resize`

7. zsh hangs. (T_T)

I tested the following situation:

    zsh:    3.0.6-pre-2
    OS:     HP-UX 10.20

    zsh:    3.0.6-pre-2
    OS:     Linux/Slackware 3.1

    zsh:    3.1.5-pws-16
    OS:     Linux/Slackware 3.1

zsh hangs in all case.

This plobrem is too difficult to fix for me.  Sorry for report only,
no patch.

--
Tatsuo Furukawa  (frkwtto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)