Re: zsh dies (3.1.5-pws-16)

On Apr 29, 10:17am, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: Re: zsh dies (3.1.5-pws-16)
}
} Tatsuo Furukawa wrote:
} > Hello, zsh developers.  I found another bug.
} >
} > I didn't make patch to fix this problem.  Because, Bart Schaefer said
} > that zsh 3.1.X's resize code is older than 3.0.X's (NOTE 1).  And,
} > 3.0.6-pre-2 does not have the problem.  So, I think 3.1.X's resize
} > code should be changed into 3.0.X's.  (I can help to making patch!)
}
} This is so complicated I'm unhappy about ripping the code from one to the
} other without being told what's really going on, if anyone knows.
}
} - What happened to the patch 4447 (from Bart) that was supposed to make
} 3.0.5 believe SIGWINCH signals?  Shouldn't that be in 3.0.6?

What happened to it was that I never applied it to my local copy of zsh
because I wasn't having the problem it fixed, and I was at that time
leaving it up to Zefram to decide whether to include patches in the
official versions.  Consequently, I missed it when making up the -pre-X
patches.

I'll get it into -pre-3, as it looks like there needs to be one more
round of testing anyway.

} - Where did the code change between 3.0 and 3.1 originate anyway (and why)?

As best I can tell, the change was put into 3.0 after the split for 3.1
and then simply never propagated into 3.1.  Cf. zsh-workers 4919, 5301.

} It's all mixed in with little changes like moving the
} definitions of the LINES and COLUMNS variables from hashtable.h to
} params.c.

I suspect that's why Zoltan and/or Zefram never got around to duplicating
this and other changes.