Re: Magic assoc arrays

Peter Stephenson wrote:

> Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
> > Since I just wanted to play and now only want to give an example of
> > what might be done, there is no doc for this. If anyone decides that
> > this is worth having, I would write one.
>
> Maybe it could be in a module, with just some basic support in the main
> shell?  Then you can autoload the parameters (so there is a use for that).
> Otherwise it does pollute the namespace rather.

Yes, I had thought about this, too, and than forgot to mention
it. There are other things I forgot to mention:

  - we could, of course, add some more of these: aliases, bindkeys,
    compctls (a problem with the first two are the different types:
    normal/global and widgets/string)
  - as you might have seen, I haven't changed anything to use this,
    but the example completion code could use `$commands' to get rid
    of the `$(whence -p ...)', it could use `$parameters' in
    `_parameters' and probably other things I currently can't think
    of.

The only support needed in the core is to be able to give special scan
functions.

Bye
 Sven