Re: ZSH 2GB File Limit (Solaris 2.6)

Bart Schaefer writes:
> On May 4, 10:34am, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> } Subject: Re: ZSH 2GB File Limit (Solaris 2.6)
> }
> } That's this code from bash's configure.  What do we do, just copy it and
> } change BASH to ZSH?
>
> Unless I'm missing something (which is entirely possible), this configure
> stuff doesn't do anything but define BASH_LARGE_FILE_SUPPORT.  There must
> be some actual C code somewhere in the bash source that tests for that
> constant and does *something*.  That something is far more interesting
> than the configure part.

Here is what I have in the changelog from the source distribution of
bash v2.0.3.

                                   10/6
                                   ----
aclocal.m4
        - change BASH_RLIMIT_TYPE so that it looks for rlim_t in
          <sys/resource.h> as well as <sys/types.h>, for Solaris 2.6
        - new macro, BASH_LARGE_FILE_SUPPORT, to enable special
          compilation options for large files on Solaris 2.6 (from
          eggert@xxxxxxxxxxx)

I also have a problem with large file limits and was hoping that this
was the solution to my problem. But apparently not.

Kevin Sullivan
kevins@xxxxxxxxxxxx