cygwin & pws-19

First I should clarify that I don't believe this problem is unique to
pws-19, since I have seen the same problem with 3.1.5. But I have
moved myself to the bleeding edge to try and get it all working.

I recently installed Cygwin 20.1 (0.3/1/1). I was able to configure
and build rxvt 2.6PRE3 right out of the box, but zsh has given me
troubles.

After a ./configure it apperas to configure correctly without any
error messages, but when I try and run make it complains:
	makefile:32: *** missing separator.  Stop.
Looking inside the makefile you see this (with line #s):
    29  dir_top = .
    30  SUBDIRS = Doc Etc Src
    31
    32  @@version.mk@@
    33  @@defs.mk@@
    34
    35  # ========== DEPENDENCIES FOR BUILDING ==========

What am I missing that is leaving this garbage in the makefile? Can we
make configure give an error about this?
--
Scott RoLanD
http://www.chat.net/~shr/