Re: forwarded bug report

Markus F.X.J. Oberhumer wrote:

> zsh badly hangs if file globbing fails in connection
> with completion. Please try the following with
> any zsh 3.x version (including 3.1.5-pws-19) and
> enter "foo [tab]":
>
>   compctl -s "\$(cat [tT]his-file-does-not-exist)" foo

When expanding the -s-string, we explicitly switch NULL_GLOB on so
that `compctl -s "*.c \$(< foo)"' works without producing an error if
there is no `*.c'.
Of course, this makes it fail in cases like the one above... (where
the cat tries to start reading and never finishes).

Does anyone have an idea how we could make this safe?

Bye
 Sven