Re: forwarded bug report

On Jun 4, 11:54am, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
} Subject: Re: forwarded bug report
}
} > Seems as if we need a variant of NULL_GLOB that actually replaces the
} > unmatched patterns with empty strings, rather than deleting them from the
} > command entirely.
}
} But that would fail with $(cat *.c *.h) if there are *.h files, but no
} *.c files.

A variant of CSH_NULL_GLOB, then; you get exactly one empty string, only if
none of the patterns match.

} [...] neither of sh, ksh, bash, and tcsh closes/redirects-to-/dev/null
} stdin of $(...) and `...` constructs. Should we do this only only when
} this may be called from completion?

That's what I meant, yes.  Don't just close the stdin of $(...), rather,
treat the entire completion system as if it were inside { ... } <&-