Re: Function installation

On Mon, 7 Jun 1999, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> I've written a patch for installing the functions from the source
> distribution

That reminds me.  Has anyone else run into a problem using compinit
with the "no_unset" option enabled?  After getting errors on lines
57 and 53, I just unset the option before the sourcing of compinit
in my zshrc file, and reset it after it was done.

[I'm only just now finding some time to try out the new completion
stuff in 3.1.x, and so far (with just a little bit of twiddling) I
haven't gotten it to work.  I'll have more time to play with it
later on.]

> Any views on overwriting behaviour?
> - compare each file with the installed version, if it differs move
>   the old one to $file.old (unconditionally) and install the new
>   one --- slow but safer

Something like this sounds cool.

> - something devilishly clever

How about automating a "cvs import" procedure that maintains a cvs
archive of the files for you, and merges your local changes into the
new releases using a cvs checkout?  That would at least be devilish,
if not clever.  :-)

..wayne..