Re: PATCH: _make complete filenames as a last resort.

Tanaka Akira wrote:

> In article <990607064350.ZM18009@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>   "Bart Schaefer" <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > Hmm; if targets for makefiles contain anything other than alphanumerics,
> > _make doesn't generate proper completion candidates.
>
> No. /^[a-zA-Z0-9][^\/ 	]+:/ matches any filename beginning with
> alphanumerics.

Just for the record: this function was in the first example file for
the new completion stuff and hasn't change since then. At that time I
really didn't have the time to write anything more sophisticated -- it
is a hack.
So we probably should change this function to something better (and
faster, using compadd and only shell-code, no awk) anyway.
However, I explicitly excluded targets with slashes in them because if
you use makedepend or something like that, you normally end up with
lots of full path names as targets -- and that for every system header
file (a better solution would probably be to search only lines up the
makedepend marker-comment or something like that...).

Bye
 Sven