Re: PATCH: Re: Parameter expansion, etc

"Kiddle, Oliver" wrote:
> As an aside, is [2,$] the correct way to specify all elements in an array
> from 2 to the end. It certainly works but isn't documented (atleast not in
> my ancient print-out). I guessed it and it worked.

The standard way is [2,-1].

> In what circumstances should --enable-zsh-mem be used? I tried it on AIX and
> I get occaisional errors:
>
> Catastrophe in realloc: invalid storage ptr

Aix (3, at least) is definitely catastrophic.  I haven't looked into the
details, though that's what I'm using here.  It should work on most
systems.  I don't think anyone has performed reliable comparisons of when
it works better then the system's own version.

WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/