Re: history related suggestions

Kiddle, Oliver wrote:

> > Extra levels of expansion tend to make things a bit of a mess, and in my
> > experience you always get to the point where you need the extra
> flexibility
> > of a function anyway.  (Cf. S. Wischnowsky, Collected New Completion
>
> Fair enough if it's hard to implement but my thinking was that it would
> allow a lot of problems to be solved more succinctly than by using a
> function.

It's easy to implement (and indeed my suggestion for aliases does that
-- although I didn't really like it when I wrote it). The problem this
always leads to is quoting: if you want to pass the string `$foo' to a
widget you don't want the shell to expand it.

Anyway, we could add a automatic-autoloading mechanism for widgets,
too, making defining them simple.

Bye
 Sven