RE: _match and auto menu with multipath again

> I wasn't completely sure what behavior you want in which case, so I
> just added two new configuration keys:
>
>   path_cursor
>     if this is set to a non-empty string, the cursor will be placed
>     after the ambiguous pathname component even if menucompletion is
>     used
>
>   match_insert
>     if this is set to anything starting with `unambig', menucompletion
>     is only started (by the _match completer, obviously) if no
>     unambiguous string that is at least as long as the original string
>     could be generated
>
> Does any of these do what you want? Note that setting `match_insert=unambig'
> may sometimes remove a short pattern if enough components further up
> the path were expanded. This is a bit ugly, yes, but I can't think of
> an easy way to find out where that precious pattern is which one might
> want to have preserved.

Wow! I personally love the latter:

bor@itsrm2:~%> compconf match_insert=unambig
bor@itsrm2:~%> l /a/p/u/z/z*22*<TAB>
bor@itsrm2:~%> l /archive/pub/unix/z/z*22*
zip/  zsh/                          ^ cursor here

and now I can complete ambiguous path component and hit TAB again.

Now, does it look sensible to others? If it is more natural, may be, we should
make it default?

/andrej

Thank you, Sven!