Re: PATCH: _subscript, Re: pws-23

"Kiddle, Oliver" wrote:
> _subscript in pws-23 seems to have been slightly damaged, probably due to
> word wrapping somewhere.

I've received this one with the first hunk wrapped, too.  It's probably
your end, since I've haven't noticed it when Sven and others having been
flinging patches about with abandon.

> I use print -D to print
> the value of the array. This is rather useful with things like path where
> things get compacted to something like ~/bin.

I wish there was a way of getting things like this done without forking,
roughly the way TCL does.

> BTW, the _hosts change which I sent last Friday (and which isn't in pws-23)
> doesn't work with my hosts file at home so I'll send a replacement later in
> the week.

I must have forgotten about that.  But we probably need more sophisticated
ways of generating host names from all sorts of different sources.
/etc/hosts isn't all that well used any more.

WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/