Re: PATCH: collist v2.0

Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
> - The behavior when asking if the list should be shown should be ok
>   now (I hope).

Just as soon as I finished the last prompt I had a problem.  With
menucomplete set,

- go somewhere with too many files
- type `echo <menu-select key>'  (without the quotes, of course)
- answer n to the message
- the first menucompletion match is inserted; hit TAB to go to the next
- I don't know if this is significant, but the match was a directory
  with a slash; when I hit TAB, the next one wasn't a directory but
  appeared with a space after it
- at that point everything freezes up and after some seconds the shell
  exits with the message `killed', maybe due to memory exhaustion?

I almost reproduced the behaviour with zsh -f, menucomplete, and the
standard set of new completions: in this case, the directory (it was
Builtins) stayed in place, tab started menucompletion in the subdirectory,
and again the shell froze and then exited after the first item.

WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/