Re: PATCH: loop killing

Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
> This is the solution which executes commands in a loop in the same
> process group as the parent shell.

This seems to be the neatest solution, covering most of the common things
you want to do without any fuss.  But at the moment something nasty is
happening with shell functions.

% fn() { less $*; }
% fn glob.c
^Z
<job disappears completely>

If I type a few characters before hitting ^Z, then I get the `suspended'
message, and the `continued' message when I type fg, but then the job
immediately disappears again.

Hmmm, that didn't seem to be working properly even before, except the
problem then was that when I tried to continue it I got the message
  zsh: 39221 suspended (tty output)  l glob.c
so it looks like the process groups were already getting messed up.
So maybe the new problem is just the old one appearing in a different
place.

WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/