RE: PATCH: loop killing

>   zcat ... | while true; do zcat ...; done
>
> Here we need two ^C's to interrupt the whole thing.

I just tried it (zcat | while true; do zcat ; done) and it stops at the first
^C. May be, there are subtleties I miss or it has something to do with the last
process group patch.

Well done, really!

Ooops! Just found something weird:

bor@itsrm2:~%> zcat | while true
do
zcat
done
Now press ^\ (QUIT)
bor@itsrm2:~%>

??? QUIT is supposed to give you core ... Once more:

bor@itsrm2:~%> zcat | while true
do
zcat
done
^Zzsh: suspended  zcat | while true; do; zcat; done
bor@itsrm2:~%> fg
[13]  - continued  zcat | while true; do; zcat; done
^\zsh: quit (core dumped)  zcat | while true; do; zcat; done

(note, that I have noticeable delay between ^\ and core dumped message ... but,
may be, it is related to wrinting core ...)

It is even worse

bor@itsrm2:~%> while true
do
zcat
done
^Z^Z^Z^Z^Z^Z^Z

Nothing happens at all.

/andrej

This is with all but the last patch of Peter (typeset -g).