Re: new menu selection and Re: New compinstall and bindkey

Oliver Kiddle wrote:

> I've now looked at the new selection for menu completion. Firstly,
> thanks Sven: it's great. There is one thing I don't like. When I move
> the cursors to highlight the string I want to complete to and press
> return, the highlighting is removed but menu-completion continues so if
> I press tab again, it cycles through the selections as opposed to
> accepting my selection and going on to complete whatever is next.

This once was intentional, when menu-select was intended as a
menu-completion add-on. Now that it is more of a replacement we should
probably change this. Since I don't use it that much, I'll have to
ask: do all of you agree that it should be changed?
If we change it we should probably give another widget a special
meaning in menu-select so that we have one for the current behaviour
and one for `leave menu-selection and accept the current match'. With
that users could do a `bindkey -M menuselect ...' to get their
prefered behavior. So: any suggestions for which widget we should use?
(Remember that one couldn't use this widget to leave menu-select,
then.) And what should be the default?

> I also have problems with an aixterm where the next item on the left is
> highlighted in addition to the one on the right in some circumstances.

Hm. Never seen this, so I can't help here (we don't have AIXes here).

Bye
 Sven