Re: PATCH: pws-24: prompt escapes for script/function and lineno

Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
> > +/usr/local/lib/hepix/shells/site/aliases.sh:54> [ -r /u/theor/pubtheor/gro
> up_aliases.sh ]
>
> Why not share some code with `%c' and allow `%<number>N'? Hm, this
> makes the default be only the last pathname-component, is that ok?
> Does anyone want to see the whole path anyway?

Yes, I do.  The file executed could be anywhere, and there's not much point
showing it unless you show the while filename.  Now if only the prompt code
had been written to use the characters which show you the full path, but
to use a non-zero number to give you the last components, everything would
have been so much simpler.  I've never understood why it wasn't.

WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/