Re: Job control bug with pws-25

Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
> You didn't miss a patch -- I forgot to play with `bg'. Whew, this was
> a bit more complicated. So much so, that I finally put some of the
> things distributed in jobs.c into functions (super_job() and
> handle_sub()).

Much improved, thanks.  There's still a small bug:

% fn() { sleep2; print foo; }
% fn
^Z
% bg
% foo

The function exited, but no message was printed; notify is set.  Running
`jobs' or exiting the shell prints the message.  Runing fn directly in the
background behaves as expected.  (I think we had something like this once
before, but I don't think it was there when the current saga started.)

It seems to me it might be a good idea to collect some of the things which
can potentially go wrong with job control (as well as some which shouldn't
:-)) and put them in a file, say, Misc/job-control-tests.  It doesn't need
to run the tests itself, that's far too hard when the bugs are largely
interactive, just give a collection of code with comments saying what you
should do to see if it's working.  If I get a moment I'll have a look back
in the archive for some.

WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/