About set-local-history

I noted, that you have to redisplay prompt to get new shared history entries.
That is, assuming, zsh-1 just displays prompt and I enetered several commands in
zsh-2 - zsh-1 won't see them unless I pressed ENTER.

This may be a minor case, but it is at least confusing.

Another comment is, that Zsh treats the history imported from history file at
startup as local (that is, even when local history is toggled on via
set-local-history, I still get all entries there). Again, it may be considered a
feature. But if I turn on local history - it may be more consistent to treat
imported entries as "foreign".

And to be useful in scripts, set-local-history better takes an argument
(set-local-history (on|off) ). If no argument is given, it may toggle as it does
currently. I have a feeling that it was already discussed (or is it already
implemented?)

And, of course, some external way to specify initial state is needed. I cannot
simply run zle command in startup script?

/andrej