job control

I was just trying to put together some tests for job control.  I had
problems with this:

while true; do sed -e 's/foo/bar/' nosuchfile >/dev/null; done

I'm not quite sure what's going on, but it takes a long time to kill or
suspend.  You can see lots of ^C's and error messages go sailing by until
eventually it stops.  It works much more reliably when operating on a file
that does exist.  That sort of suggests the problem happens when zsh,
rather than sed, gets the signal.  I had it inside a function to begin
with, but I think the problem was the same one.

Hitting ^Z is worse, since it still takes a long time, but when it
eventually works the whole thing freezes

WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/