Re: PATCH: completions for su and implicit fg/bg

Oliver Kiddle wrote:
> First, is a patch to _first which completes jobs after an initial % on
> the command line.

I think the code in _first was deliberately left commented because it gets
run every time, but the impact of this change is minimal.

> This is useful when foregrounding or backgrounding a
> process without fg/bg. This feature seems to be undocumented actually.

Hmm, I thought it was an option, but it seems it's run unconditionally at
the top of execcmd().  What is an option is AUTO_RESUME.

> I've included a basic completion for the
> common shells which just does the -c option.

It really needs to be told to treat a (possibly quoted) word after -c as a
complete command line.  I've forgotten how to do that.

WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/