Re: PATCH: pws-25: saving old shell functions from overwriting

Andrej Borsenkow wrote:

> I just realised, that it may be better to save the whole directory (in
> functions.old probably). Moving files to *.old has potential problem, that if
> anybody autloads whole $fpath, he will suddenly get a lot of fn.old functions.

One thing which I would like changed is for compinit to add directories
to the end of $fpath instead of the beginning. This way, I can override
the zsh supplied completions with my own. By putting them in a different
directory, I don't have to worry about them being overwritten when I
install a new zsh. I would also be tempted to prefix the zsh completion
directories with a 'Z' so that compinit would put other directories in
/usr/local/share/zsh/functions (such as one named 'Local') first in
$fpath.

A result of the latest compinstall seems to be that I get the Core
directory duplicated in my $fpath. The compinstall created .zshrc adds
it so that it can autoload compinit and compinit then adds it in again.

Oliver Kiddle