RE: PATCH: 3.1.6-test-1: strange cd behaviour

> This does it:  as you see it's a significant chunk of extra code with no
> other aim than making sure cd foo/.. doesn't work if foo doesn't exist
> without preventing you from changing back up to directories that still
> exist if yours doesn't.  But life is non-optimal.  If anybody has any
> better suggestions...?

Yes. Completely remove this. If current dir no more exists, the error message
here is more of a feature - it indicates, that somethig went wrong. User always
has ``cd'' or even ``cd /'' fallback. I'm afraid, in this case zsh oversmarts
itself.  And after all, with all symlinks around, you cannot even be sure, that
$PWD is prefix of current dir :-( (Our /bin/sh resolves links while /bin/ksh
does not).

/andrej