Re: Diff file for 3.1.6-test-2 available

Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
> >   - complist could be made to work better with dynamic loading systems
> >     that don't make symbols in other dynamic modules visible
>
> Hm, I just had a look at this. If I've counted correctly, there are 38
> symbols used. Four of them could reasonably be put into minfo. But
> adding 34 pointer variables just to support SunOS 4? And then: other
> modules may rely (now or in the future) on the symbols of other
> modules on which they depend anyway (after all this is one of the
> reasons for the dependency system, isn't it?).

You mean function symbols?  Variable symbols are easy, the definition can
just be shifted.  For the rest, if it can't be simplified it should
probably be left.  I was wondering about the possibility of defining the
pointer to the list of thingies in comp1, and calling any of those via the
list.  But that doesn't seem to cover very many.

However, if it's not going to work there's no point compiling complist.
There needs to be a warning much earlier on, or we need to suggest building
zle into the shell.

WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/