Re: CVS completer (Re: PATCH: Re: Completion/User functions again)

In article <199907211127.NAA02895@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
  Sven Wischnowsky <wischnow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I mainly changed `compgen -f' to `_files' and `compgen -/' to `_files -/'
> and tweaked `_complete_opts' a bit so that `cvs ann -D<TAB>' doesn't
> give you `cvs ann -D-'.

I didn't know _files in those days...

> Some questions:
> - (Bart already marked this) what should the compgen -k '()' do?

Hm. I cannot remember the purpose of it.

I guess that I wanted to complete a space after an argument.  Of
course, since it does not works as such behaviour, it should be fixed.

I think it should be replaced by 'compadd "$PREFIX"'.

> - And even with that in place: the `_complete_opts || _files' should
>   be reduced to `_files', right? (Unless the `compgen' really should
>   add something -- so I've not changed that, yet.)

Since cvs login and cvs logout does not take any argument, it may be
reduced to ':'.

However, I like completing files if there is no suitable completion.
--
Tanaka Akira