AIX compilation

Just played around a bit more on this AIX system and a 4.1 system
elsewhere (which allowed me to remove some unnecessary symbols from the
.export files, changes to which I haven't been posting).  Does anyone know
anything about the following?

IBM: AIX 3.2, 4.1
	Should build `out-of-the-box', but --enable-zsh-mem will not work.

	On 3.2, for 64-bit integer support you need to compile with gcc, as
	the native compiler does not support ANSI simulataneously with
	`long long'.  On 4.1, there appear to be problems using
	--enable-dynamic (the default) with gcc (version was 2.7.2.3) in
	4.1, though native cc works. More information about this problem
	would be appreciated.