Re: PATCH: parameter and quoting (was: Re: Completion problems.)

Peter Stephenson wrote:

> Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
> > Btw. something like `${foo%(}'
> > currently gives me a non-zero return status but no error message --
> > even though there seems to be some extra code for it -- I haven't
> > investigated any firther yet, but this seems wrong, doesn't it?
>
> The behaviour of BAD_PATTERN is a bit inconsistent:  sometimes the option
> is respected, sometimes it isn't, sometimes bad patterns aren't reported at
> all.  There's probably quite a lot wrong.

Ah, right, hadn't thought about patterns (ahem)... "${a%'}" reports
the error.

Hm. Should the proposed new flag apply to those, too, and change the
current behaviour to not report the error or should the current
behaviour of (Q) be changed?
Personally I prefer the first one, but that would require an
incompatible change. (And making the flag turn off errors for
${...%...} and friends and turn it on for (Q) is almost certainly the
wrong way).

Bye
 Sven