Re: some notes on 3.1.6

Zefram wrote:
> zftp really ought to allow more than one concurrent open session.
> One could refer to sessions by name, with a mechanism to generate unique
> names; commands that don't specify which session they apply to use a
> default name (either actually fixed or taken from a parameter).

I thought about this when I wrote zftp, but it didn't seem a particularly
necessary feature right at the start.  I think it ought to be done in such
a way that the $ZFTP_* parameters work without extra complexity.  Hence I
would probably implement it by having `zftp session SESS' change to a new
or existing session SESS (default `default') and set (or unset) the
parameters appropriately.  This will also allow the zf* function suite to
work completely transparently with multiple sessions without having to add
extra arguments.  It's no hassle writing something to switch sessions for
one command, that can be done with a function which saves and restores the
session.

WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/