Re: PATCH: completion for perldoc

Adam Spiers wrote:

> Here's a completion system for perldoc.  It's my first stab at
> completions with the new system, so be warned: you may need to change
> some glaring mistakes.  If it's very wrong, let me know; OTOH if it's
> OKish then maybe there's more where that came from.

Every attempt to write stuff for the new completion system is OKish.

> (Completion/User is the right place, right?)

Yes, but we somehow seem to have agreed (or `most of us...') to put
everything for one command or suite of command into one function.

> Oh, and the zle -R bit doesn't work: it displays the text and then
> immediately erases it.  No doubt this is some misunderstanding on my
> part.

`zle -R' is intended for interactive functions (normal widgets). If
you just want to display a message, use the function `_message'.

You may also want to have a look at `Etc/zsh-development-guide' and
`Etc/Completion-style-guide' (the latter is not at all complete --
I'll be thankful for every comment that helps improve it).

Bye
 Sven