Re: 3.1.6-pws-3

Peter Stephenson wrote:

> There were some minor typo fixes in the completion functions which I didn't
> post.  The last change to compsys.yo from Sven had quite a large offset, so
> I may have missed something.  I've deleted Completion/Rpm since we now have
> Completion/Linux/_rpm (this is going to make for great fun if we start
> using CVS).  Ideally people introducing such subdirectories should find
> some configure test (e.g. $host_os) for whether to include it, add it in
> the obvious place in configure.in where Zftp is added, and document this in
> INSTALL.  (This is all somewhere a good package mechanism could make a
> difference.)

I agree that in the end we should have configure tests for all this,
but for this example (`_rpm') I wouldn't have the slightest idea how
to test (other then testing if `rpm' is available). I wasn't even sure
if `Linux' is ok. Maybe it should be put in `Redhat'. Or `Linux/Redhat'.
Or `User/Linux/Redhat', next to `User/Linux/Debian'.

Also: what if this is installed in a heterogeneous network where the
sysadmin installs `/usr/local/lib/zsh/...' (or something like that)
from a Solaris box but there are also Linux boxes in the net?

I think I would prefer to leave that to run-time configuration (on a
per-user or per-/etc/zsh* basis). With a good package-system, that
is. With packages and sub-packages, and...

Bye
 Sven