Re: strange glob expansion

On Sep 6,  2:25pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:

> By the way, does anyone want a globbing flag to turn on extended glob?

I've occasionally wanted a way to turn it *off* but that's mainly because
I have some shell functions (wrapped in "noglob" aliases) that accept glob
patterns as arguments and then expand them, and it's sometimes tricky to
get the quoting right if I want to match a file with a '#' in its name or
some such.  (Programmers are used to avoiding the more usual shell metas,
so I seldom have to match files containing '*' or '?'.)

I don't recall ever wanting to turn it *on* in a context where I couldn't
do so with setopt.