Re: Chatty little precompiler for _arguments

In article <199909200843.KAA06289@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
  Sven Wischnowsky <wischnow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I would be against this because its much less useful in cases where
> you stuff together string from multiple parameters. However, in its
> first life `:q' did that and we could use the doubled-flag convention
> so that `${(qq)foo}' would emit stuff in single quotes. (Tripled for
> double quotes?)

I found a problem about quoting.

Z(2):akr@is27e1u11% Src/zsh -f
is27e1u11% a=$'\n\n\n\n\n\n'
is27e1u11% print -lr - ${(q)a}
zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped)  Src/zsh -f

Also I suppose that `${(qqqq)foo}' should quote foo in $'...' style.
# I really want this because I frequently use dangeraous characters
# such as NUL.
--
Tanaka Akira