Module idea to help developers

I don't have time to do this myself right now, but:

It would be great if zsh could report something about what patches it has
applied to it.  We could make a little module that implements a special
array parameter `patches', and stick a line in that module to identify each
patch, so that you could "print $patches" to see what was up.

We'd need a convention of some kind -- either it could be up to the patch-
applier to insert the article number by hand, or (better) the patch-maker
should supply a hunk for that module that adds a string he's made up.  Such
a hunk would be likely to fail if some prerequisite patch was not present
(I suppose it would also be likely to fail in some cases of simultaneous
unrelated patching by two developers, but that would be easily resolved),
thus giving a clue about mistakes.