Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: completion grouping (yes, again)
- X-seq: zsh-workers 8620
- From: "Bart Schaefer" <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: Sven Wischnowsky <wischnow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, zsh-workers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: completion grouping (yes, again)
- Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 10:57:10 +0000
- In-reply-to: <199911100943.KAA28014@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <199911100943.KAA28014@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Nov 10, 10:43am, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
} Subject: Re: completion grouping (yes, again)
} > This is pretty cute, but I wonder if it's going to work correctly with
} > (say) KSH_ARRAYS set? There aren't very many "emulate -L zsh" calls in
} > the Completion tree at the moment ...
} KSH_ARRAYS is unset in _main_complete.
Ah. I keep forgetting about that.
} And I hope there are no calls
} to `emulate -L zsh' at all -- I hate it ever since it once reset
} NUMERIC_GLOB_SORT for me when I was testing the patch that made that
} option be used in completion listings.
Completion/Base/_arg_compile:91:emulate -L zsh
Completion/Builtins/_popd:8:emulate -L zsh
Completion/Builtins/_zftp:7:emulate -L zsh
Completion/Commands/_correct_filename:16:emulate -LR zsh
Completion/Commands/_read_comp:25:emulate -L zsh
Completion/Core/compdump:16:emulate -L zsh
Completion/Core/compinit:58:emulate -L zsh
Completion/Core/compinstall:28:emulate -L zsh
Completion/User/_mailboxes:3:emulate -L zsh
} Also, `emulate -L zsh' resets some other options which are tested or
} used in the completion code, e.g.: extended_glob, magic_equal_subst,
} and pushd_minus.
Hrm. Obviously "emulate" shouldn't be used in functions that call other
functions that might not want it. Slightly icky thought: Maybe we need
a variant of "emulate" that gets undone on *entry* to a called function
as well as on exit from the calling function?
I had more to respond to, but I just saw Sven's "should we..." message,
so I'll stop for now.
Bart Schaefer Brass Lantern Enterprises
Messages sorted by: