Re: 3.1.6 tab completion issue (off by one error)

Clint Olsen wrote:

> I reported this earlier but received no response on this.

If I'm not completely mistaken, there was a reply, but maybe that
wasn't CC'ed to you?

> When I use tab
> to complete, it looks like the command-line is off by one character.  So,
> typing the very next character after <tab> starts the output one character
> by the cursor.  It's especially visible if I tab complete a directory.  The
> string ends in '/', and it gets wiped out when I type the next character.
>
> Has anyone else seen this?

I hope many people have seen this (sorry, couldn't resist ;-).

It's intentional and controlled by the AUTO_REMOVE_SLASH option. If it
is set, several of the automatically added suffixes (such as the `/'
after directory names) are removed when the next character type
seperates the completed string from the next word (i.e. if you type a
character such as space, `;', etc.).

Bye
 Sven