Re: PATCH: _a2ps completion

[ Our name-server was down this morning, and the answer I sent to this
  seems to have disappeared. Sorry if it re-appears and you get this
  twice. ]

Clint Adams wrote:

> I have been informed that a2ps can be just as useful on PostScript
> files as any other file, and that *.(#i)(ps|eps) should not be
> excluded from completion.  Perhaps a context-based switch would
> be more appropriate.

> -_arguments '*:text file:_files -g \*\~\*.\(\#i\)\(ps\|eps\)' -- \
> +_arguments '*:input file:_files' -- \

I'm really, really against this change.

After all, we use _files to be able to 1) restrict the types of files
matched to some sensible subset and to 2) still be able to complete
other files as a default. And since in many (I think: most) cases one
won't want to a2ps postscript files, we should definitely keep the old
form.

*And* for exactly this kind of stuff we added the tags mechanism,
dammit. So, if RTM isn't clear, someone should document (at the top of
_a2ps?) that one can easily say that one wants to complete all files
for a2ps (or any other command) by just saying:

  zstyle ':completion:*::a2ps:*' tag-order all-files

Bye
 Sven