Re: 3.1.6-dev-16

Peter Stephenson wrote:

> That was mentioned in the original message:  I haven't put zpty in because
> of possible configurational problems.  If nobody looks, I'll put back
> anyway and we can take it from there, otherwise we'll be waiting for ever.
>
> As far as the _nslookup chunks go, as I've said before I'm not particularly
> happy about unconditionally requiring extra modules to be loaded into
> completion, which is a basic facility for zsh.  Ideally there should be a
> test to see if it's loaded, and some documentation about why it's useful.

Eh? I'm confused. _nslookup doesn't require any additional module, so
I guess you meant nslookup, right?

And: I agree that we should have more reports about zpty on other
platforms and, if possible, configure tests for it before we can
really call it a supported module. But, to repeat it: in this case I
really can't help much because I made sure zpty works on all the
machines I have access to. Which also means, for example, that I'm not
even sure if all Linuxes have pty names in the range [a-z][0-9].

And before zpty ever makes it in, we'll also have to test if the
terminal-setups it uses are ok (especially the non-termios, non-termio
case). We might also want to think about a better process handling and
so on...

Bye
 Sven