Re: zsh-3.1.6-dev-20

"Bart Schaefer" wrote:
> Hmm; version.mk still has
>
> VERSION_DATE='February 23, 2000'

Sorry, I was originally going to send a version just before I left, but
didn't when I discovered the wordcode bugs I mentioned around then.

> There's also one change in Src/text.c that I can't explain ... I missed
> it before because of the 10179 diffs ... it looks sensible, but it's not
> from any article mentioned in ChangeLog ... the `+' lines are -dev-20:

> -    gettext2(&s);
> +    if (prog->len)
> +	gettext2(&s);

I think this was when Sven and I were looking at the same termination
problem in the wordcode.  I included his fix, but didn't back off mine
because it looked safer (= more paranoid).  Or something.

P.S.: thanks for all the comments on zshguide, which has now updated to
include the corrections people have sent, but still needs work due to
changes in the shell, and the more detailed explanation of file-patterns.
I think I'll move it to the zsh web site about the time 3.1.7 appears;
what's there seems to be OK for public consumption.

http://www.pwstephenson.fsnet.co.uk/computing/

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>